Windows 10 upgrade

Discussion in 'General & Off-topic' started by dragonbite, Mar 18, 2015.

1. dragonbite

dragonbite Well-Known Member

Microsoft is doing something very interesting with Windows 10, letting people using Windows 7 and up able to upgrade to Windows 10 when it is released this year (this summer, some believe).  I've been using the technical preview for a while and look forward to updating to Windows 10 when it is released.

No surprise, I am kinda excited with the idea of updating my Windows 7 laptop to 10 when it is available and have been trying the technical preview for a little while now.

On the SuperSite for Windows they have an updgrade matrix on Windows 10 Upgrades: Who gets it, how they get it and who doesn’t.  This gives you the chance to plan.

[​IMG]

From my experience with Windows 10 so far, it handles the desktop mode (keyboard & mouse) alright, though it is strange for metro-enabled applications with the option to go full-screen.

Naturally, I will be making sure I am prepared to, and know how to, revert the bootloader so I can choose (It's a dual-boot system) and to be able to revert to Windows 7 again.

Attached, in case linked image no longer available

[attachment=73]

Attached Files:

2. nsb

nsb Member

Does Windows 10 still include Microsoft's keylogger, as reported in the news months ago?

3. dragonbite

dragonbite Well-Known Member

Didn't hear about this until just now, but there is an article that tries to clear the air about it

http://www.geek.com/microsoft/microsoft-clears-the-air-on-windows-10-keylogger-1606160/

and