Who Has Upgraded To Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by dragonbite, Jan 14, 2016.

Tags:
?

Have you updated?

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not yet.

50.0%
  3. Not going to.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't use Windows.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I have or tried, with problems.

50.0%
  6. I will when I purchase my next computer.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Where's my tin foil hat?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dragonbite

dragonbite Well-Known Member

So, have you upgrade to Windows 10? Are you ever going to?

I have heard mixed results on Windows 10 adoption and am curious how many people are planning on adopting it.

I have 2 primary machines, 1 is updated to Windows 10 while the other is still on Windows 7 (in part because Windows 10 has some issues). While I like the interface of Windows 10, there are some significant drawbacks that keep me from going all-in!

1. Importing Photos can default to yyyy-mm format, but leave out the -dd portion (for a yyyy-mm-dd format that I use everywhere else).
    2. Insufficient graphic drivers. On the SAME EXACT MACHINE I am able to run Minecraft and another 3D application (non-game).. in Windows 7 (before upgrade) and every Linux distribution placed on there, but Windows 10 says the graphics are not sufficient.
    3. I currently have an update that fails to update, so I lose a lot of time with it trying to install... fail.... revert... reboot... revert... etc. every time I reboot the machine.
    This is all on an older machine, so I suspect that it runs better on a more up-to-date machine.

So are you upgrading and if you have upgraded, how did it go?

2. jasetaro

jasetaro Administrator
    Staff Member

No, I might some point in the future. To be honest, I'm more likely to replace my PC with a Mac at this point.