ubuntu

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by scanthy, Apr 20, 2010.

1. scanthy

scanthy Guest

How do I install Ubuntu? My computer is saying "Can not find operating system on any devices"? I've already set my computer to boot from cd-rom firtst. I deleted all my partitions. Now what can I do to install Ubuntu? Do I need to create a specific partition? I burned it to a disc, but my computer isn't reading it right or maybe my computer cannot read ISO images. Is that possible? Give me any info that you know thank you.

2. dragonbite

dragonbite Well-Known Member

Here is some documentation from the Ubuntu site on burning the CD: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto
    From the site
    The page goes over how to do that in Windows and Linux.

When you double-click on the *.iso file it should open your CD-burning program to burn it. When you burned the ISO to the disk, you should have a bunch of folders and files, not a file with the *.iso extension.

If you are able to make it to the Linux SIG (3rd Wed of month, next one is tomorrow night), they will definitely be able to help you with this and maybe even bring a burned CD for you. Also, the next version of Ubuntu comes out next week, so this may be a good trial run for that.