SIG Notes - January Meeting

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by jscheef, Jan 26, 2011.

1. jscheef

jscheef Administrator
    Staff Member

This month we took a step back and discussed our goals for a new DACS website. What do we hope to accomplish by moving the site to Drupal or some other content management system, like Wordpress? As we discussed ideas, Andy started to record the bullet points. We discovered that, with suitable modules and some work, our goals can be met with any content management system. I'll post the resulting document here on the Drupal Forum.

The next Drupal SIG meeting will be Thursday, February 10th at 7pm in the DACS Resource Center. We'll put off the Drupal 7 Release Party and instead review some of the things I learned at the "Intro to Drupal NY" class.

2. dragonbite

dragonbite Well-Known Member

Does this mean you'll have to change the name of this forum again? ;)

What other CMSs came up as possibilities, and has the concept of custom-made + modules (like MyBB) been looked at?

3. jscheef

jscheef Administrator
    Staff Member

Drew,

No, the forum will stay Drupal. I believe Drupal is the best choice for dacs.org and even if Annette and I are over ruled, I will be working on several Drupal sites for the foreseeable future.

I'm posting this reply while the forums and website are running on Apache and PHP 5.3.0. We could leave it on this configuration except that I don't have the calendar and feedback form converted.

Jim