Good Digital Camera for Christmas

Discussion in 'Digital Imaging' started by dragonbite, Nov 25, 2008.

1. dragonbite

dragonbite Well-Known Member

Now that we are entering the season of sales and deals, a digital camera may not be so far off!

What does one suggest for a pretty good point-and-shoot or bridge camera at a reasonable (sub $200?) price?

2. dacs96ed

dacs96ed Guest

:D I have a Canon PowerShot A720 IS since last Christmas and it is the best I have had since my non-digital Nikon 8008. I continue to be amazed at the versatility and the quality of the photos. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=183&modelid=15657">http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/contr ... elid=15657</a><!-- m -->
    It is listed at $199 but can be found at a lower price from some of the major camera online retailers.

3. jasetaro

jasetaro Administrator
    Staff Member

Stop by Ritz Camera on Newtown Road... Gary and his staff should be able to point you in the right direction. Ritz also has a trade in program that lets you trade in your digital camera for a new one. You won't get a lot for the trade in but every little but helps. :)

4. rkoser

rkoser New Member

I've had a couple of Canon Powershots with good results.
    Go to <dpreview.com> for exhaustive (and exhausting) evaluations of digital cameras and comparisons of features; <resellerratings.com> for comparative pricing and evaluations of vendors.

-RK-

5. dragonbite

dragonbite Well-Known Member

I didn't get one in time for Christmas (life happens... yeesh!) but now that Tax refunds are starting to come in I'm thinking about it again. We had a person from the newspaper come by for an article about the kids and my wife (the primary picture-taker) got to shoot off some snaps on the guy's Cannon 40D and like it. He also gave her the chance to put on her lens (from the 35mm) to see how it feels.

Chances are we're going with the Cannon but I'm going to wait until the next DACS meeting (just in case there is anything jucier... ;) )