Free Adobe CS2 downloads

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by dragonbite, Jan 8, 2013.

1. dragonbite

dragonbite Well-Known Member

Have you ever wanted to try Adobe's professional products but turned off by the price (I think 1 arm and 2 legs is the going rate ;) )? Adobe is currently providing you to download Adobe Creative Suite 2 (CS2). :thumbsup: Keep in mind, CS6 is the current version. This one is an XP-era version so keep that in mind.

I have verified by using "https://" that it is an authentic Adobe.com website, and yesterday the site went down under the pressure of traffic but is back up today.

It may be a clever ploy to entice potential customers to seeing an add for their new "Creative Cloud" product. It is their subscription service that for $50+/month gives you access to all of their latest applications! Not pared down, these are the real-deal.

My experience with a subscription service is Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus. The program will "phone home" to see if your subscription is current and as long as it is, you can use the programs. Once you cancel, the program ceases to work.

A bonus to this method is that updates are "free" (so long as your subscription is up to date)! It's a clever revenue stream that more companies are starting to tap into.

But anyway... back to the free Adobe product offering! :icon_peace:

On the download page you'll find 12 applications with download links and serial numbers. These downloads are about 3-700 MB each and make sure you pick the right link because there are Windows and Mac OS X versions available.

You can do the 3 disks of Creative Suite 2 (which should include Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive, and Acrobat 7.0 Professional) or individually
    • Acrobat 3D 1.0
    • Acrobat Standard 7.0
    • Acrobat Pro 8.0
    • Audition 3.0
    • GoLive CS2
    • Illustrator CS2
    • InCopy CS2
    • InDesign CS2
    • Photoshop CS2
    • Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0
    • Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

And for you Linux users, at least Photoshop is supposed to run under WINE. I do not know about the other products, though. :highfive:

Link: https://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

I do not know how long this will last, so you better act quick! :icon_run: