About PLUM as mentioned at last night's meeting

Discussion in 'Web Site Design' started by snh, Mar 17, 2010.

1. snh

snh Well-Known Member
    Director

Web Design SIG Attendees,

There was talk about last night about figuring out the purpose of a sight before going to design, code and build it.

I had mentioned "PLUM" as a methodology for generating a spec.
    That process is described in ColdFusion MX Bible by A. Churvis, H. Helms, and others, ISBN 7645-4622-8, Chapter 36, Page 771-774. This book comes with a CD-ROM of trial-ware, freeware, and a trial version of ColdFusion MX 6.1.

There is also an application by the same name Plum IDE, which I have no experience but looks very interesting.
    http://www.productivityenhancement.com/plum/

Best,

-S

2. Annette

Annette Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Sean! I'll take a look at that link.
    Appropriate typo..? "..purpose of a sight before going to design"... as in "to see.." as in "forsight"? I like it! ;)

3. snh

snh Well-Known Member
    Director

CF/CFB (was About PLUM as mentioned at last night's meeting)

Ha! Good catch on the typo. I do that often - curious about what that might mean.

I have some more news about ColdFusion - sort of.

Please do not think that I am stepping on any toes here posting this...

I am going to this meeting tomorrow, Tues 3/23/10, and it would be good if another DACS member interested in website design, especially database-driven websites, wanted to attend.

http://www.nycfug.com:
    I've got CFBuilder, ColdFusion 9 Dev. Ed., and SQL Server 2008 Express loaded on my laptop. I haven't had much luck with CFBuilder so far, but I am committed to learning this, even if it is not to be what I ultimately use.

Email me tonight 3/22/10 or tomorrow morning if you want to tag along tomorrow.

-S